Welcome Home Project
Jun 23, 2021
| By Chris Jacobsen
ServeRDU Summer of Serving - Welcome Home Project
It is estimated that there are 26.4 million registered refugees worldwide. Of these millions, only a small percentage are given the opportunity to resettle in another country. Although resettlement brings the chance of a peaceful and safe future, it is often a difficult transition. However, this transition has brought the nations to our doorstep - including some of the most unreached people groups in the world. The local church has an incredible opportunity to come alongside refugees as neighbors and friends. The Summit Church has the unique opportunity to practically welcome refugee families in their first days in our city by partnering with USCRI and Refugee Hope Partners to furnish and prepare apartments for newly resettled refugee families.
There are several ways to be involved -
- Donate new or gently used furniture and items (found on google doc)
- Help with Truck & Trailer Transportation
- Help clean an apartment in preparation for move in
- Be a part of a move in/apartment set up team
- Provide groceries for a newly arrived family (will provide grocery list)
- Provide warm meal for family on day of arrival
- Donate gifts cards to Wal Mart or Target to help with misc apartment needs
We are called to care for the orphan, the widow, the sojourner, and the refugee. As resettlement numbers increase in the RDU area, how can you be part of loving and serving this group of people that are made in the image of God?
Sign up for items to donate on this google sheet
Please let us know where you are serving by filling out this form and we will connect you to next steps! If you have any questions, please contact Chris Jacobsen (email@example.com).